Our tech conglomerates have the following characteristics:
– are made up by independent businesses, which are run autonomously by their managers;
– respect the cultures of the different companies;
– are thematic and focused on a very specific “industrial segment”;
– aim to create “bottom-up” synergies (sharing of know-how, best practices, common tools), and not “top-down” integrations, among the different companies.
We look for potential platform companies that:
– have a great management team;
– have a strong brand and a unique market positioning, and;
– are profitable, cashflow positive, with almost no capex, no debts and with a historical track record of double digit growth rate on all the main KPIs (revenue, EBITDA, net profit).
Through one of our vehicles we invest approx. 1M EUR of equity capital to be used in the first 12 months:
– to execute one acquisition, so to build the first version of the tech conglomerate;
– to create the organization necessary to put the group in the condition to be eligible for listing on a Stock Exchange.
Once completed these 2 steps, we list the company on a Stock Exchange in a “growth market” for SMBs (e.g. AIM Market, Euronext growth, Nasdaq First North).
Our investment cycle can be structured through the following steps:
– year 1: we look for a platform company and make a deal;
– year 2: we make the first acquisition and prepare the newly formed group for an IPO;
– year 3: IPO on a growth market;
– year 4-∞: execution of the IPO plan with the goal of building a “solid group” listed on the Stock Exchange.
We don’t set a predefined timetable for our exit.
Our tech conglomerates are made up by a operating holding that owns different portfolio companies:
– we focus on the management of the holding, with a focus on M&A, strategic alliances, corporate finance, corporate communication and compliance;
– our partners, the managers of the platform company, take care of the management of the portfolio companies and focus on business.
Together we manage the group strategy.
Passionate about technology and technology-enabled services businesses, Nico is co-founder and Executive President of Dominion Hosting Holding (IPO 2016), shareholder and Executive Director of MailUp Group (IPO 2014), former shareholder and partner of Digital Magics (IPO 2013). He edited a book (“What is Category Theory?”, 2006) which has been featured in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. His background is in Philosophy (BA hons 2003 at the University of Milan).
Established on July 2015 and located in Milan, Italy, Dominion Hosting Holding SpA (DHH) invests in the best hosting providers localized in the emerging digital economies of the Euro-Mediterranean area. Currently DHH has portfolio companies in Italy, Slovenia, Croatia and Serbia.
DHH delivers strategic thinking, technology solutions and marketing know-how to help hosting companies in emerging European countries improve their business and maximise their market impact. We co-founded the company in 2015, the company listed on the Italian Stock Exchange in 2016.
We are still an active shareholder.
Leading cloud based marketing technology provider currently offering its solutions to more than 17.000 customers worldwide.
The MailUp Group is a result of technological research and of the entrepreneurial success of MailUp Spa (mailup.com) – the parent company that developed a SAAS marketing platform used by SMEs and large corporations to communicate with their customers via email and SMS.
After becoming a leading player in the ESP sector and being listed on the AIM market of the Italian Stock Exchange, MailUp has embarked on a path of growth by acquiring both established and emerging companies: Acumbamail.com (Spanish markets), Globase.dk (Nordics market) AgileTelecom.com (SMS wholesale market), BEEfree.io (The best email editor, available for marketers and as a plugin for developers). This is how the MailUp Group was formed – today an international company with 9 offices worldwide.
Digital Magics is an incubator of digital projects that provides consulting services and acceleration services to startups and enterprises, to facilitate the development of new technological businesses. Thanks to the partnership with Talent Garden and Tamburi Investment Partners, Digital Magics has created one of the most important national platform for innovation for DIGITAL MADE IN ITALY, by offering services for the digital transformation and “Open Innovation” to excellent enterprises, while providing support to innovative startups to create successful projects, from conception to IPO.
Digital Magics invested in more than 70 digital startups. We joined the company in 2012, the company listed on the Italian Stock Exchange in 2013.
We exited in 2014.
We believe in the power of true and genuine networking.
Are you interested in our activities?